Contact Us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

Your questions and concerns are important to us.

Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.

If you do not receive a response to your question or comment within 48 hours, please call us at 800-324-6651.

The Oklahoma Municipal League provides library and reference services to its members.  OML does not give legal advice or act as a legal advisor.  Please discuss all legal matters with and follow the advice of your city or town attorney

201 NE 23rd Street
Oklahoma City, OK, 73105
United States

(405) 528-7515 or (800) 324-6651

The Oklahoma Municipal League (OML) represents Oklahoma cities and towns working together for their mutual benefit. The OML acts as a central clearinghouse for information and services for its member municipalities.  

Certificate of Compliance Q&A

Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) Certificate of Compliance program (CoC) Q&A

  • Who needs to get a Certificate of Compliance from their municipal government?

    • All marijuana-licensed premises, medical marijuana businesses or any other premises where marijuana or its by-products are licensed to be cultivated, grown, processed, stored or manufacturedHow does the process work?

  • The applicant will provide the form to City Hall for completion

    • The form will be completed and returned to the applicant who will then submit the form to the OMMA. (THE CITY DOES NOT SEND THE FORM TO OMMA)

  • What topics does the Certificate of Compliance cover?

    • Zoning classifications

    • Applicable municipal ordinances

    • All applicable safety, electrical, fire, plumbing, waste, construction and building specification codes

  •  What if our municipality has only a few or none of these types of codes?

    • Your municipality will complete the form to show compliance (or lack of compliance) with the codes you DO HAVE or indicate that you have no codes whatsoever

    • For those codes the municipality DOES NOT HAVE, you will simply check the box that states you have no applicable codes of this type

    • Even if the municipality has no applicable codes, they must still complete the form and return it to the applicant

  •  What if this marijuana business is in the early stages of the process? Example: The business has the parcel of land they want to build a building on but has not yet done so.

    • Your municipality should complete the Certificate of Compliance form and indicate in the comments that the applicant is complying with certain categories that can be inspected at this time but note that ADDITIONAL INSPECTIONS/COMPLIANCE will be required

    • This will help both the applicant be aware of the process, and the OMMA understand that compliance is based on a preliminary analysis and additional steps will be required

      • If the applicant does not follow up on additional steps that are required, the next renewal will be unable to be granted by OMMA when the municipality marks the Certificate as lacking compliance

Additional information is available on the OMMA website, and can be accessed HERE