* Listing Title:
* Listing Description
Conveniently located about an hour north of Dallas and four miles south of the Texas-Oklahoma border, Denison, Texas, is a dynamic city with a welcoming, small town atmosphere and a population of 24,380. The Denison Public Library has been awarded the Achievement of Excellence in Libraries Award from the Texas Municipal Library Directors Association consecutively for the last four years and has proven to be an innovative, dynamic resource for all ages in the community. A creative and diverse collection of materials and all-inclusive program offerings, as well as the addition of a music lab and makerspace, make the Denison Public Library a valuable asset to the community.
The City of Denison is seeking a participatory, forward-thinking leader who is dedicated to public service, quality customer service, results-oriented management, and continuous improvement to serve as its new Library Director. A Master of Library Science degree from an ALA Accredited college or university is strongly preferred. The selected candidate must have ﬁve to seven years of progressively responsible management level experience in the operation of a public library. A valid driver's license with a driving record sufﬁcient for coverage by the City's auto liability carrier is a requirement for this position.
The chosen candidate should have knowledge of:
• Municipal organizations and functions
• Record keeping and records management programs, particularly related to municipalities
• Principles and practices of urban library functions and organization
• Modern office procedures, practices, and equipment
• Advanced principles and practices of budget preparation and administration
• Principles of supervision, training and development, and effective change management
• Federal, state, and local laws rules and regulations pertaining to areas of responsibility
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $70,000, depending on qualifications.
Please apply online at: http://bit.ly/SGRCurrentSearches
For more information on this position contact:
Bob Turner, Senior Vice President
Strategic Government Resources
* (Job) Location:
Website Address (please do not delete the http://):
* Listing Expiration Date: